New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question on Les Baer Concept III
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone got one of these or shot one. I have a trade deal going on one and looking for some feedback. I'm sure his products are first shelf but have never shot one of his 1911's thanks

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jimmyd
I have a Concept IX, it is an awesome pistol. Terrific fit and finish, and accurate. Expensive, but it is semi-custom.
Doug

Posts: 478 | Location: Central Indiana | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Doug, thanks for the info. I had no doubt that I would get postive thoughts on these as it is an awesome gun, just that I'm not into NIB/unfired guns much. If I'm gonna have it, it's going to get shot. As a side note, Les Baer does get top dollar for his products

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As I recollect, there were some posts about Les Baer not warranteeing his guns for reloads. This caused some concern as the person's gun had a cracked frame. I am NOT spreading rumors, just reporting what I have heard. Maybe that is spreading rumors, but Les Baer refused to hanlde it. Having said all that, their Bullseye model is supposed to be an excellent target gun right out of the box.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Les Baer's I've played with were the nicest 45's I've ever seen. Maybe a hand-made to spec full custom might be nicer but might not. They are really sweet, good luck getting one..............DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I own 4 Les Baer’s – 1 Thunder Ranch – 1 Monolith Comanche – 2 SRP’s one in blue and one in Chrome, all of them are top quality and excellent shooters.
I’m sure you will be pleased.

Good luck, thumb
Roland