Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

installing ejectors.
 Login/Join

posted
I have seen many double rifles with extractors at a very reasonable prize, compared with others with ejectors. My question is, is it possible to install ejectors to any double rifle action, and what about costs. Thank you

Posts: 11 | Location: mexico,D.F. Mexico | Registered: 04 May 2002Reply With Quote
<JBelk>
posted
Roberto--

Yes, it's *possible*.

The forend iron has to be replaced.... The all the springs, hammers, and sears of the two ejectors have to be fitted to the fore-end iron, and then linkage made back to the cocking lever of the action has to be mad, for selective ejectors. Then the ejectors themselves have to be fitted to the barrels......

The cost difference between ejector and non-ejector is MUCH less than the cost would be to retro-fit them.....otherwise there would be no non-ejector guns left! [Smile]

Most of the Best Gun companies charge $1000 or more to switch double triggers to single selective. Using that job as a benchmark, I'd estimate ejectors costing five times that.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roberto

H & H style ejectors can be retrofit to most Doubles based on the A & D action for US$1000-1200. Sidelocks are usually about the same. You need to send your rifle to Belgium or Austria for this to happen. Another US$500 or so.

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A friend shoots a ca. 1900 Purdey with extractors and asked the firm what it would take to install ejectors. $5,000. He lives happily with extractors.

Posts: 111 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 16 December 2000Reply With Quote