THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    1950 Steyr Mannlicher–Schönauer Carbine Leupold Scope Mount

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1950 Steyr Mannlicher–Schönauer Carbine Leupold Scope Mount
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted
I recently recovered one of my stolen firearms however it came back to me sans scope and mount. It formerly wore a vintage Leupold ring and base set and a Balvar 2.5x8 scope.

I am looking for the original Leupold rings and base so I don't have to re-drill the receiver. This rifle isn't a safe queen by any means, it just needs to be made whole again.

Any help would be much appreciated.

JUST A TYPICAL WHITE GUY BITTERLY CLINGING TO GUNS AND RELIGION

Definition of HOPLOPHOBIA

"I'm the guy that originally wrote the 'assault weapons' ban." --- Former Vice President Joe Biden

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might try www.wattswalnut.com. He offers Redfield-style bases for the Mannlicher Schoenauer.

Posts: 477 | Location: Fayetteville, GA | Registered: 12 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6481 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If rifle is drilled on top of the front of the receiver and two holes on the middle of the action (not further back like the Redfield mount) you are probably looking for a Leupold Adjusto-Mount. It's a one piece base. Rings are unique to that type of mount.
Not easy to find but show up every so often.
Good luck.

Posts: 313 | Location: Alaska to Kalispell MT | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote