New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mounts for Heym?????
 Login/Join

<Stoneybroke>
posted
I'm trying to find bases/rings for a Heym sr10 rifle. Any info would be appreciated. Stoney

one of us
posted Hide Post
Try www.newenglandcustomgun.com

[ 06-26-2003, 08:30: Message edited by: N E 450 No2 ]

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might try Heym directly, they were very helpful on a different matter. Their web site is at http://www.heym-waffenfabrik.de/

one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
I would advise EAW (Ernst Appel Werke) fixed or swing-out. They have a website AND a U.S. distributor. They're not exactly cheap but are true works of art.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
<Stoneybroke>
posted
Thanks for the info. I've just E-mailed Heym and New England gun. The Eaw mounts are a bit out of my price range, about $360. I've looked at Leupold, Burris, and S&K-no luck. According to my research, this rifle was manufactured by H&K in the eighties for Heym. Maybe they have something. I can't seem to find an online listing for Weaver. I know they are ugly, but if all else fails..... Stoney

<Stoneybroke>
posted
Well, no info from Heym or New Englandn yet. I'm still trying to find some bases for a Heym model SR10. So far, my research leads me to believe that this rifle was a limited production model that preceded the Heym SR 20. My question: Is the gussied up Heym SR10 the same rifle as the Heym manufactured Mauser 3000? Any and all info would be appreciated. Stoney

one of us
posted Hide Post
Stoneybroke
You might try getting EAW's complete mount list and see which front/rear bases fit the Heym you have and maybe the same bases will fit a more common bolt rifle reciever, say a Rem 700 for instance [if only you could be so lucky [Big Grin] ] then you could just get the [leupold] mount that would fit your Heym. The fancy name for this is cross-referencing. If that does not pan out I would take the Heym to a large well stocked gunstore and try every mount they have in stock.
You might also contact H&K USA, there gunsmith used to be naned a fella named Gregory, he is a good guy and might know which USA base would fit.

[ 06-27-2003, 08:43: Message edited by: N E 450 No2 ]

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would contact Conetrol. They have bases to fit just about anything on earth, and if they don't have it, send them the rifle and they will make it for you.

They are not cheap, but they are not $360 for a set either.

Posts: 2206 | Location: USA | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
<Stoneybroke>
posted
I still don't know for sure that the bases for a Mauser 3000 will fit the Heym Sr10, since I can't find a listing for the 3000. This Heym is an interesting rifle. The rifle was manufactured in very limited quantities for Heym by H&K. The full title is Heym SR10 Bushnell "Krupp Special". The receiver and floor plate are heavily engraved and I would class the wood as AA, with lots of figure in the buttstock. I sent an E-mail to both Heym and H&K. Heym replied that bases for the later model (Heym produced) SR20 are same as the SR10. I then started a search for Heym SR20 mounts. Finally found a source at Lynx.co. in New Zealand. Their online catalogue cross referenced the SR20 bases as being identical to the following Mausers: Carl Gustaf 1600, FN, Santa Barbara, Parker Hale, Voere, early Vanguard and Zastava. Isn't the web a great source? Thanks to all for your suggestions. It looks like my problem is solved.

one of us
Picture of Deerdogs
posted Hide Post
Stoneybroke, I have had a couple of SR20s. They are terrific rifles. I have Leopold bases and rings and if memory serves they are the type designed for the FN Mauser.

Regards

Posts: 1978 | Location: UK and UAE | Registered: 19 March 2001Reply With Quote