THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Re: Problem with 375 length follower on Whtiworth

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Problem with 375 length follower on Whtiworth
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Dan. the old follower is 30-06 length. At times the rounds at the right rail tip just enough forward to jam a round at the feed ramp. I thought the longer follower would support the round along the full length of the case and align it better. The description in Brownell's says the magnum follower solves most feed problems in opened up action such as the Whitworth. I'll find a stronger spring and see if that does the trick. The factory spring does seem a bit 'limp'. Bob

Posts: 1286 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I picked up a Wisner 375 follower from Brownells to install on my 375 Whitworth. Installed with the factory magazine spring, the rear end of the follower tips up just enough so that the bolt hits it on an empty chamber. Loaded, rounds 1 & 3 on the right side of the rails are tipped down enough so that they won't chamber (jam into the bottom of the feed ramp). Any ideas on a fix? Maybe a stronger follower spring to push the follower and rounds into better alignment? Thanks, guys.

Posts: 1286 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A newer or stronger spring sounds like a good idea, but just out of curiousity, what was wrong with the old follower? - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote