New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 527 question
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
i just noticed that there is a version of the cz 527 with a flush magazine. would it be possible to buy a trigger guard and mag and convert the old style to the new, flush mag style without any additioal gunsmithing? thanks for any info.

blaming guns for crime is like blaming silverware for rosie o'donnell being fat

Posts: 1213 | Location: new braunfels, tx | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BTT. i know i'm not the only guy with an "old style" CZ527 that has thought of this. if it is possible, it would be real simple to just screw on a new trigger guard and stick in the new magazine and have a 527 without that mag hanging out of the bottom of the rifle. does anyone know if this is possible? thanks again for any information.

Posts: 1213 | Location: new braunfels, tx | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can't answer your question directly. Since no one has responded let me just say that the rifle CZ has set up with the flush magazine is a 223 rifle. I gotta think that any CZ rifle with that action length would accept the flush trigger guard used for the one in 223.
The main question is, will CZ in KC sell these trigger guards?
A call to them should answer any questions you might have, unless someone here comes along who has some experience in that matter.
Good question on your part..

Don

One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
Good luck getting anything from CZ-USA, I called multiple times, left multiple messages and finally left a message asking for a manager to call me just to get a shorter front sight for my 527 carbine. Then when I finally got to talk to a person he didn't have a clue as to what sights were available.
I got a shorter sight finally but it's still a bit too tall and I just hold a coarse bead...

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like my 527 just as it came, I would like a 1/8" rifling twist though. I have nothing but good experience with CZ-USA. I don't really understand the obsession with flush magazine when the original works so well.

Posts: 317 | Location: Texas Panhandle | Registered: 09 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
I just had my factory bottom metal sent off to RVB and had them do their flush magazine conversion. I have not seen it in person yet but my Dad has it in hand and says the work is very nicely done. They had it back in the mail to my Dad 4 days after they received it. Super nice folks to deal with.

http://www.rvbprecision.com/ar...-magazine-conversion

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
thanks to all for the input. i don't mind the long mag, but it would be neat to be able to switch to a shorter mag by just changing the floorplate(and be able to switch back again) i'm going to try to get in touch with CZUSA and see if this is possible.

bill,

thanks for the link. if the floorplate change won't work(or is too expensive), i'll get in touch with RVB. they say a normal length mag will still work with thier conversion so that may be the better option anyway.

again, thanks for the replies.

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
i'm going to try to get in touch with CZUSA and see if this is possible.

Bill, thumb Straight from the horse's mouth. is the best.

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i called cz and they said that it is possible to buy a replacement trigger guard and mag and convert the old style to the new style. the only problem is that you will have to modify the existing mag catch. trigger guard is $65 and a new mag is $38. unfortunately, the only 3 rd mags available are for the 223. the deal with RVB sounds like the better deal at $65 total.