Notify
Tools

Sources for Cooper stocks?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted
Hi Chaps,

I have an opportunity to acquire a Cooper 6mm PPC walking rifle for very reasonable money. the only issue being that the wooden stock was utterly ruined by some "creative" stock "improvements" by a previous owner.

As you might imagine a Cooper is quite a rare beast on this side of the pond and the usual sources have turned up dry.

Does anyone make a good, ideally synthetic, stock that the action would just drop into?

I don't want to spend too much money if I can help it as I would probably not be able to recoup the cost if I didn't like it.

Looks are already compromised by a removal of the bluing and a duracoat job in matt grey, so fancy walnut is out.

TIA,

Amir

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fireball168
posted Hide Post
I don't know what problems you'd encounter in exporting them...

Whittakers has new Cooper Phoenix stocks hanging on a peg in the back of the shop.

They are either HS Precision or Bell & Carlson, I believe - aluminum bedding block.

www.whittakerguns.com

Posts: 1332 | Location: IN | Registered: 30 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
McMillan stocks have been grandfathered as fiberglass products instead of gunstocks, so no export approval is needed. Just contact McMillan and have them send you a stock.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2169 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
Thank you chaps, neither McMillan nor Bell & Carlson seem to advertise the stocks on their websites, would they be able to make me one without needing my barreled action?

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote