New
Find
Notify
Tools

Myster Parts identification - shotgun?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Picked up some parts in a baggie from an estate sale along with other stuff. I'd guess shotgun.

Anybody know what they are to, and probably more apt, does anyone need them?

The hooded thing is some kind of sighting mechanism, I'll look at it more closely and try to figure out the purpose.

Posts: 1104 | Location: Eastern Oregon | Registered: 02 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The long two fork thing is off a Remington shotgun, bolt to spring return.

Posts: 719 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Model 12 action slide locks
Model 12 hammer
Speedlock looks like a model 12 hammer
Model 12 triggers

Rem 1100/1187 shell latch
O ring is a Rem ll00/1187 barrel seal
The mentioned fork thing is a link for Rem 1100/1187

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the ID guys; I'm not much of a shotgun guy, doubt I've taken one down more than a half dozen times in my life!

Posts: 1104 | Location: Eastern Oregon | Registered: 02 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bpesteve
posted Hide Post
The "hooded thing" appears to be the front 'ring' of a set of old Stith scope mounts. It is intended to use the rear iron sight dovetail, and then the objective end of a straight scope slides into the tube. The rear ring of the Stith mount is pretty much like a modern ring. I'll see if I can find a picture, that will make a lot more sense than trying to describe it.

Posts: 969 | Location: paradise with an ocean view | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bpesteve
posted Hide Post
Here's a good example; found on Morris Hallowell's web site:

Posts: 969 | Location: paradise with an ocean view | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, bpesteve! I had arrived at a similar thought, figured it was part of a tube sight, but couldn't figure out how a person could install an aperture in it. Front scope mount it is!