Find
Notify
Tools

Source for grip cap blanks?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted
I really enjoy my Mark X .458, but despite all else being classy...she has a plastic grip cap. I'd like to find a grip cap blank that I could fit myself. With knowledge that I'm as likey as not to screw this up, I'd rather not break the bank. Any suggestions?

Posts: 1262 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Brownell's.

MK160

You can always make more money, you can never make more time...........LLYWD. Have you signed your donor card yet?

Posts: 488 | Location: TN | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dressels has grip caps here if this is what what your looking for.

[URL=http://www.dressels.com/id16.htm ]http://www.dressels.com/id16.htm [/URL]

Allen

It's a Mauser thing, you wouldn't understand.

Posts: 656 | Location: North of Prescott AZ | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I'll do some measuring and see on of those will work. If not, maybe a small cut of horn or some such will work for me to sand down to fit.

Posts: 1262 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
You can get Ebony from Brownell's and make a cap from that. I've done five of them and they look very good. Some were flat and some a I made "crowned" and some "crowned" and a fillet around the outside edge.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote