Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted

Posts: 17278 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Very nicely done. I have considered doing a couple of mine that show a lot of scabbard wear from horseback hunting, but just am not sure if I can manage it. Degree of difficulty? Tools required?

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
Don't forget he respirator!

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2944 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That looks like a great job! It must not be easy to do, though. I have sent two rifles to two different places. One came back and you could see where the spray was not totally covering the barrel/receiver junction. The other came back so thick it was like spray paint. I had to scrape it off the bolt raceways before I could get the bolt back in the rifle and close it.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I built a blasting cabinet, bought a new sand blaster, bag of media, built a vertical oven and used a good air brush. After ALL that prep I ended up with 2 good results. Then trashed everything and sent the next one out. Roll Eyes coffee

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
$$$$ well spent coffee

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
I don't get asked for many cerakote jobs but when I do, they get sent to Glenrock Blue! Money well spent.

Yours turned out nice!

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4863 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
I've done a few. I didn't think it was hard at all. Time consuming yes, but not too hard.

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the information. Clearly this is beyond something I wish to attempt on my own.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote