New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tc contender parts fell out can't be good
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was putting a new barrel on my tc contender it's a easy open one Serial number 296,000 .It Jammed up when I put the new barrel on would not open .I had to take the forend off knock the Hinge pin out to take it apart .I finally got the barrel back off .I saw a part come out of the inside bottom part of the frame .It has a small spring attached and has like a place for a pin to go on top of it .The pin was also lose in top of it .I got both pieces out and put the barrel back on .It still clocks and fires I guess just an snapped it .It had a 375 jdj barrel on it before this one .It also fires of you have it cocked then close it cocked is his normal.I found all the parts that came out have no idea where they go or what they do .I think they came a loose when I fired the 375 jdj carbine barrel a whole back only shot it 40 times .I thought about seeing If it would shoot 38 special low loads to check it .This is a 357 Remington maximum barrel I just put on it .This might be the trigger adjustment because it has a small spring on it .I hate going through the pain in the butt of sending it to Smith and Wesson .I thought this new barrel would be the answer to fixing this gun .I think the person I bought it from made the trigger too light .It was way less than a pound when I.got it .It also has a click when you first touch the hammer that's weird .This contender frame is like New thought it would have no problems but it's been nothing but problems !

Posts: 2543 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote