THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ejector for 1903 Sprigfield/ And 10 bore help.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of cordell
posted
I am looking for an ejector and ejector pin for a 1903 Springfield. I have found several on the internet but all have wanted a minimum purchase of $20+ sh/h. I don't mind paying for the pin and ejector+sh/h however I don't need any other parts that would make up the difference. I am also looking for a gunsmith who is willing to work on a percussion 10 bore double rifle. The left lock appears to be rubbing on something and will not stay cocked sometimes. It will also need an adjustment to the pin that holds the barrels to the stock. Apparently the pin has bent or become stretched and it causes a gap between the stock and barrels. I have a shim taking up the slack now but I would like to have that repaired also. I am located in south cental Virginia, and would like to transport the rifle myself so distance is a factor. I would like to find someone within 100 miles of Danville Va. Any help on the above two items would be greatly appreciated. cordell

Posts: 336 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 09 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was in the same position as you at one point, I contacted one of the people selling a lot of springfield parts, he was willing to do me an ejector direct. The shipping kills you on a lot of that stuff, this I think only cost me a few bucks. You could also look at Numrich, I am sure they will have them, again, the shipping will probably cost more than the part unless you can call and get them to just send it to you.

there were different size ejectors over the years as the bolts wore out they ejectors were replaced with larger ones to keep working properly. When you get one and install it make sure you test the thing out real well.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

try Springfield Sporters in Pa., they advertise no minimun order and they have '03 parts.
Bob

one of us
posted Hide Post
They seem to be offline at the moment but post your question here.

http://www.jouster.com/cgi-bin/03/03config.pl?

one of us
Picture of cordell
posted Hide Post
Red, 2mp, and Bob,
Thanks for the advise and direction. Red, I will test the ejector carefully thanks. 2mp, I tried to post a message on that site but can't seem to get in, I will try later thanks. Bob I am calling Spingfield Sporters ASAP thanks. Take care and God bless you and yours. cordell

Posts: 336 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 09 September 2004Reply With Quote