New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quality gun stock repair
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I posted last year that I returned from Africa to find that my custom gun stock was broken at the pistol grip. While we have many stock maker with in an hours drive of my home someone here or AR recommended that I send it to Garvin's Gunstock Shop in Albany Georgia. I sent it off last month and I just received it back today. I am very pleased with the results. If you know where to look you can see the fine line of the break but you must hunt for the line. You can not feel the old break in anyplace and he re-cut the checkering perfectly. I can highly recommend his work. He even had me ship the barreled action as he wanted to test fire the repaired stock. Told me he fired an entire box on ammo. The total cost of his work was $300 plus the shipping and insurance each way. Without seeing the rifle he estimated the cost would be around $175. When he received the rifle he called and said that it would cost more because of the fine line checkering of the stock. I was quoted $6000 by the original stock maker to make a new stock so $400 for repairs and shipping seems great to me.

Posts: 595 | Location: camdenton mo | Registered: 16 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
That's great to hear.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote