Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mexican Mauser Questions
 Login/Join

posted
Anyone know of a source for after market inside the bow release bottom metal for a 1910 Mexican Mauser, also is it necessary to reheat treat this action if building a .250 Sav. Thanks --- Mel

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe mine came from Blackburn yhis summer.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olblue:
Anyone know of a source for after market inside the bow release bottom metal for a 1910 Mexican Mauser, also is it necessary to reheat treat this action if building a .250 Sav. Thanks --- Mel

Have the action and bolt heat treated. It's relativley inexpensive insurance and peace of mind is included in the price.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I sure hope you didn't get it from Ted this summer! I have had 2 on order and a friend has 2 more on order. FOR GOING ON 2 YEARS!!! Whenever I talk to him I get the standard 2 to 6 months for Mexicans.
Thanks, Doug

Posts: 478 | Location: Central Indiana | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hate that, but I did get it this summer. A member of this forum felt sorry for me and sent me his and as I understand it the one that I ordered has been sent to him.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Butch

That was the game plan.
BUT,I have not received anything. Maggie had promised delivery by the end of March.
The last e-mail I received from her was on 8/21/07.
Quote (We still do not have any in stock and I am not sure when we will. We are so behind on product and fiance wise we are looking at what would be the best thing to do for the customers and ourselves.)

I asked if she knew of anyone that made them and see said maybe SunnyHill. He does not. Matt Williams was to make them some time ago but to my knowledge he has not.

I e-mailed her last week asking if she would please give me a update. I have received no reply.

James

Posts: 658 | Location: W.Va | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
James,
I feel real bad about that. I just assumed that they had sent yours. David has reshaped and modified it. If you get in a bind I couldn't do less than to offer it back to you.
Butch

one of us
posted Hide Post
Butch

Don't feel bad. I knew going into this the possibility's. If I wasn't willing to accept the outcome, I wouldn't of offered in the first place.

How is the rifle coming along? Any pictures?

James

One of Us
posted Hide Post
James,
PM me an email address and I will send photos. I probably still have it ,but may not. It will be a beauty.
Butch

one of us
posted Hide Post
Got this message from Maggie this evening.

I do not have a date so far. We are going to be runnng them very soon. I wish I could tell you more.
Maggie

James

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am very sorry.
We have the Mexican Mausers almost done. I have both Bennett and Lambert on my orders.
Maggie

Maggie Baum
CNC Specialty Products
P.O. Box 369 / 50 East 100 North
Levan, UT 84639
Phone: 801-691-8152
Email: maggie@cncspecialtyproducts.com
http://cncspecialtyproducts.com/

Posts: 102 | Location: www.cncspecialtyproducts.com | Registered: 29 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As for drm-hp if you are how i think you are i also have 2 on order for you. Do you still need them.
Maggie

Maggie Baum
CNC Specialty Products
Levan, UT 84639

Posts: 102 | Location: www.cncspecialtyproducts.com | Registered: 29 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Maggie

I don't know all of the problems that has been going on with you and your company. It sure has caused a lot of problems.

I personally think your sales pitch may be too little to late.

I have never heard anything bad said about Ted's work. It is all top notch. But if you can't get it or cannot get a straight answer when it will be available it leaves a very bad taste for the gunsmith/builder and to his customer.

This thread is almost 2 years old with the last response from you on the guards was, 8/21/07.
What do I tell my customer???
In the meantime I have had Andy at Sunny Hill make me Mexican Boxes.
Now Duane has new Boxes almost ready.

Ted has a lot of loyal customers but with the economy and the now superb competition (Duane W.) with excellent delivery rate, I don't know.

I am in no way trying to discredit you or your company. I have way to much respect for Ted to do that.

I will e-mail you direct later this week and talk.

James

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought a piece of SunnyHill Mexican bottom metal this summer. Very pleased.

ddj

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back - Robert Ruark

Posts: 966 | Location: Northwest Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trouthunterdj:
I bought a piece of SunnyHill Mexican bottom metal this summer. Very pleased.

ddj
This would be my preference as Blackburn doesn't seem to be on time very often.

Posts: 908 | Location: Western Colorado | Registered: 21 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We would like to say thank you to everyone that bought a Mexican Mauser. Out of the 40 that we ran we have 3 left. Sorry for the 14 days we were behind on shipping them.
Once again THANK YOU.

Maggie Baum
CNC Specialty Products
Levan, UT 84639

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Without getting into a shoot out here!...I'm responding to the post that suggests we are making Mexican bottom metal...not now! We see the Mexican Mauser well covered by Sunny Hills and CNC.

Our efforts are concentrated on the other Mauser models for now.

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote