New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: SAKO ACTION???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The Mag bolt face would be too large for the 6mm BR.

The AIII sized actions would be perfect for a 6mm BR project.

People with more experience and rifle smarts have explained to me that it is a major PITA getting the 6mm BR to feed from repeaters out of a staggered feeding magazine box. The 6mm XC is designed around a .308 sized staggered feed box. The 6mm BR repeaters often use a single stack feeding arrangement.

That Mag action would be perfect for building any number of really neat hunting rifles.

I agree that four to five Benjamins would be about right for that action.

I think there is a single shot AIII sized action on gunbroker.com right now. It is over priced unfortunately.

Good luck with your project.

JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BIGMAC,

What condition? New in the white? Used, but not abused? Or Used for a door stop, et al?

When they sold Sako actions only, they were sold in the white (unblued), and cost around $400. US.

You can find well used complete Sako AV Magnum rifles for around $700. So..... $400 to $500 for the action only sounds about right.

Hope this helps,

Bob

Posts: 439 | Location: Goldsboro, NC 27530 | Registered: 25 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Bob and JCN,
Thanks for your replies,
The SAKO AV action is used but in great condition. I am planning on selling the action to help finance my new project. THANKS FOR THE INFO. BIGMAC