Find
Notify
Tools

T3 hunter
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bc300winguy
posted
Just a quick question. I've had conflicting statements about my t3 hunter. I'd like to put a good recoil pad on it but when I asked at the gunshop they told me it was a nightmare to change on the T3 hunter. The lite they said was just two screws and 10 mins done but the hunder was screw, glued and stapled on. Anyone here ever changed one? Talked a shop own at the gun show he said no problem he'd do it but I don't know him so I don't want to get my rifle back messed up and a big bill to boot.

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
My friends and I all have T3, wood, laminate, and synthetic stocks. I have a synthetic and a wood.

Never an issue, we have all put Limbsaver pre-fit pads on. Probably takes 5 minutes. I just changed one out after 10 years of abuse.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Rides Alone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bc300winguy:
Just a quick question. I've had conflicting statements about my t3 hunter. I'd like to put a good recoil pad on it but when I asked at the gunshop they told me it was a nightmare to change on the T3 hunter. The lite they said was just two screws and 10 mins done but the hunder was screw, glued and stapled on. Anyone here ever changed one? Talked a shop own at the gun show he said no problem he'd do it but I don't know him so I don't want to get my rifle back messed up and a big bill to boot.

Posts: 8 | Location: Burlington, Iowa | Registered: 19 December 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of Rides Alone
posted Hide Post
T3 Hunter
I have a T3 Hunter and I like it very much. I have shortened the length of pull to 13". The gunsmith had the gun for a short period of time and the fee was only about fifty dollars. He must not have had too much trouble. No mentioning of it anyway.

Posts: 8 | Location: Burlington, Iowa | Registered: 19 December 2008Reply With Quote