Find
Notify
Tools

How do you remove......
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of hangunnr
posted
....the extractor from a "03 Springfield bolt?

hangunnr

Proudly living in the USA where even Bill Klinton has more moral fiber than PPPoacher.

Posts: 144 | Location: USA | Registered: 12 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hangunnr,

Rotate the extractor to the right until the tongue is out of it's groove...then push or gently tap the extractor forward off the bolt. Install in reverse.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hangunnr
posted Hide Post
Worked like a charm....Thanks!!

Go ahead and put yourself in for a raise.... Wink

hangunnr

Proudly living in the USA where even Bill Klinton has more moral fiber than PPPoacher.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hangunnr,

If you really want to have fun try explaining to someone,in writing, how to remove and/or install the bolt in a US Krag!!!! nut

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hangunnr
posted Hide Post
Seeing as I don't own a Krag, would you care to explain.........J/K.... Big Grin

Thanks again for your help...

hangunnr

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a guy trying to explain it to me over the phone the first time I tried to do it and I'm not sure which one of us was more frustrated! The first time you do it you will swear that the extractor is going snap off before it swings up and out of the way so you can slide the bolt out.