Find
Notify
Tools

What is the consensus on Brux barrels
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted
I've heard that some bench shooters are liking these American made barrels, what have you all experienced or heard with Brux barrels.?

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snellstrom:
I've heard that some bench shooters are liking these American made barrels, what have you all experienced or heard with Brux barrels?

I've heard and read that they are excellent, as good as a Krieger, but cheaper and shorter time to get one. Here is a video of some guy that won some IBS 600 with a rifle he built using a Brux bbl. I have every intention of buying a couple. Brux bbl in action.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Doc
Brux has that guy on there website, that is an incredible group!
5 shots rapid fire at 600 yards and measures .94"
Wow!!!!

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Yep. I plan on getting a 6.5mm, 7mm, and a 30 cal from them.

Have you talked with them? Very interesting history. The one owner stated something like his father bought the equipment and it sat for about 12 years in storage. They decided to get out the stuff and start producing bbls.

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Doc
Is Kevin Weaver going to do those rifles for you?
I was at his house yesterday and we were talking about barrels, he also handed me a carbon fibre stock that weighs 12 oz. I was in shock! I didn't know that a stock could be so light.

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snellstrom:
Doc
Is Kevin Weaver going to do those rifles for you?
I was at his house yesterday and we were talking about barrels, he also handed me a carbon fibre stock that weighs 12 oz. I was in shock! I didn't know that a stock could be so light.
I did not plan on having Kevin build the rifles which is likely a year out or more anyway, but I do want to know MORE about this stock!!

Kevin put together a predator action with a broughton barrel that another member wants to sell. It is a LH short action chambered in 6.5x47 Lapua. I hear he does very good work.

What barrels does Kevin prefer?

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Kevin is primarily using Lilja and Krieger barrels but I think he going to start experimenting with the Brux barrels as they show some real promise and turnaround time seems very reasonable. Some people get antsy about waiting on the Lilja's and Krieger's long wait time so Brux may be an option especially with the accuracy they are turning out.
I let the brand name on that stock escape me on purpose as I am financially unable to do anymore gun projects for awhile. I didn't want the details floating around in my pea brain and influencing my financial plan for the next year.
When I'm ready though I will have him build one for me, I'm just not there yet.

One of Us
Picture of gunmaker
posted Hide Post
I googled Brux barrels and clicked on the website. I instantly got bombarded with anti-virus message boxes that told me to scan now. This wasn't my antivirus program. It was trying to install malware on my computer disguised as anti-virus.

I checked the video. Pretty interesting how quick that 600 yard group was shot.

gunmaker
------------------
James Anderson Metalsmith & Stockmaker
WEB SITE

More Pics on FLICKR

Posts: 1861 | Location: Western South Dakota | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
Ditto on the bombardment. Perhaps he should check that out.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gunmaker:
I googled Brux barrels and clicked on the website. I instantly got bombarded with anti-virus message boxes that told me to scan now. This wasn't my antivirus program. It was trying to install malware on my computer disguised as anti-virus.
exact same thing happened to me.

One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc:
quote:
Originally posted by gunmaker:
exact same thing happened to me.

That happened on Photobucket today for about an hour. Photobucket is a huge site so they took care of it pretty quick. Must be a rash of virus hitting these websites right now.

Can not complain about my Brux in 338RUM

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Yep hit me both places today.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote