New
Find
Notify
Tools

Price Check - Browning BBR
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Posted in gun collecting and got no response on price. Anyone know the value of a NIB Browning BBR in 257 Roberts? Anything out of a gun value book would be fine, as I am not sure where to even start.

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 714 | Location: Sorexcuse, NY | Registered: 14 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
per "modern gun values" 11th edition, BBR in perfect condition is 470, excellent is 390, very good is 320. Published 2001. I had one in 30-06, very smooth action, but was a safe queen and finally sold it. got 400 for mine in perfect shape and it took a while to find someone interested.

Posts: 223 | Location: New England | Registered: 03 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one in a 7 mag, has to be the smoothest action I've ever owned. Not a bad shooter either.

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. Not as much I had hoped (as usual). Wanted to either sell it outright to fund projects or trade it on a pre-64 70 or FN Browning Safari or................

I do remember them having really smooth actions. That's what I liked about them. Now I'm into CRFs and this one doesn't have a use for me. Might just throw it up on an auction site and see what happens.

Thanks again.

Posts: 714 | Location: Sorexcuse, NY | Registered: 14 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bluetick
posted Hide Post
My Gun "Traders Guide" ( 26th edition ) says $525 for new in box, if that makes you feel any better. The odd thing is that it does not show it chambered in .257 bob. That caliber alone should make it worth a little more I would think. Some people are nuts for a .257 Roberts.
Good luck.

Shawn

Posts: 773 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote