New
Find
Notify
Tools

London Guns recoil pads?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just rec'd a London Guns pad from Brownells. I've installed quite a few pads in the past, but not one of these. It seems softer, "sqishier", and "gummier" than most others I have installed. Any special techniques or cautions needed when installing this brand? Thanks.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It should be harder than any other pad..You will have to inlet the widows peak...They are perfect for leather covering because they are hard....I use them almost exclusively...

Posts: 42163 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray,
The one I just got from Brownells yesterday is not even hard, really soft and squishy like I mentioned. Maybe they changed the composition of the material or this one was fresh off the assembly line and hadn't cured enough? Anyway it's on the stock and finished. It came out real nice, but compared to the other pads I've used in the past, it was a pain in the ass. Thanks for the input.
Craig

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Craigster, the londons guns pad is not hard. If you want a hard one get a Silvers pad.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chic. Wish I would have known that earlier. Learn somethin' new around here most every day. Thanks again.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Craigster, Tony Galazans are not any better so stay away from them also.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of Silver's pads. Email me if your interested.

Roger

Posts: 1634 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
www.capeoutfitters.com

has the silvers pad... it's PINK... i hate em, but I can see how they can grow on you...

I put one on richards' 416 cz... made the LOP better... but GOOD GOD it was HUGE

jeffe

Posts: 39670 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
<Kboom>
posted
Craigster,
If you want to make them grind a little smoother, get them very cold first.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I wonder if their rubber formulation varies; I thought mine were definitely harder than a Pachmayr, and my right shoulder agreed. I'll have to go downstairs and check. I have never seen a real Silvers, as far as I know, to compare though.

They grew on me for a while, Jeffe, but then I saw how a dark grey / black pad looks on smokey English walnut, and became hooked. I still think the red is a good accent for something with a hint of red in the stock. Somebody had them on sale for $20, advertised in Gun List-? Galazan's?

Todd

Posts: 1248 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
All my London Gun pads are hard as heck, thats why I like them for leather covering, same with the Silvers pads...

I have two guns here, one has a Silvers and the other has a London guns pad, and I just felt them both. I can't tell any difference, as both are hard as a rock, the Pachmyers are one heck of a lot softer....

Posts: 42163 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote