THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    BRNO ZKK 602 bedding - action modification quesiton

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BRNO ZKK 602 bedding - action modification quesiton
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The BRNOs have that rather unsighly pattern pressed into the bottom sufaces of the action that appear to help the action bite a "grip" the stock.
Is it a good idea to file them down before bedding?

Posts: 2286 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
In regards to the serrations, don't worry with them... I've never had them cause any problems.

What WILL cause a problem is the little concave cuts (horizontally) on the bottom half of the action... they are on the sides and just behind the recoil lug.

Look closely at yours, and you'll see what I mean. The bottom half of the action is wider than the middle of the action.

When you bed it, you can get it out... but you can't get it back in...

I use a file and sandpaper to narrow the width of the bottom... look closely at yours and you’ll see what I mean. I just did one the other day and wish I had a photo for you, but I don't... sorry.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

one of us
posted Hide Post
...I already got rid of those, and cleaned up the rest of the action. Thanks for the heads up though, it would have been easy to overlook.

Cheers.

Posts: 2286 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote