New
Find
Notify
Tools

Canjar Trigger Problem
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a Canjar single set trigger. It works fine when not set, but when I set it, the trigger spur will not engage. Help.

Posts: 1542 | Location: Anchorage AK | Registered: 03 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted Hide Post
Take a look at the little tit that is spring loaded and pops up when you push it forward. If the engagement surface is damaged you will need to write Canjar and get a new one. This happened to me and they sent me three replacements. It has never ocurred again. Nice triggers aren't they?

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Big Bore
posted Hide Post
Don't take this as gospel, because it has been a loooong time since I fooled with mine. Mine is on a Ruger No.1 but the set up should be the same. I tried to get my "set" too light, and when I tried to set it, it would not engage. I had to adjust it for a slightly heavier set weight, which, if my guestimation is correct, is round 3 or 4 ounces. My trigger scale starts at 8 oz. and the indicator doesn't even start to move when it trips.

Posts: 641 | Location: Indiana, U.S.A. | Registered: 21 October 2000Reply With Quote
<JBelk>
posted
Back off on the tiny sear engagement screw in the left side of the trigger shoe. A half turn should do it. If not you need the single set sear parts. Canjar will send them to you.

<eldeguello>
posted
I had the same problem with a Canjar years ago. Adjusting as described by J. Belk solved it. [Big Grin]