Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LONG 8 40 SCREWS
 Login/Join

posted
ANYBODY KNOW OF A SOURCE WHERE I COULD BUY 8 40 SCREWS SAY 1/2" AND 3/4" LONG. THANKS JIM

Posts: 5 | Location: COVINGTON, GA. | Registered: 23 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is a place in Amarillo, TX called Skrookey Nut and Bolt. It may also go by the name A-1 Fasteners. They have just about every oddball screw, nut, bolt, washer, et cetera you could ever want. I wish I could remember the name of the street on which they are located, but I was in and out of there one Saturday morning just before closing time about two years ago and all I can remember is their unique spelling of "screw-key." You could also try outfits that sell AN (aircraft) hardware. There is a place in Rockford, IL called SIMS; they make stuff for the automobile industry, like captive-washer bolts and screws. Hope this helps.

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try Brownells, I think they have them that long..

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of papaschmud
posted Hide Post
Brownell's does indeed have them. If memory serves they are made by Williams.

Gabe

Posts: 410 | Location: Granite City, WI | Registered: 10 March 2003Reply With Quote