New
Find
Notify
Tools

Youngs 303 oil from England
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone know where you can buy this in the U.S.A?
Every British gun case should have a can of it for old times' sake!
Not sure if this is the best spot for this, but where else?

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
I believe that Parker Hale took over the label. I bought some cans from Brownell's. Sadly, it's not the same as the original. I suspect it's like the original Hoppe's #9. Gone forever.

If you come across any extra of the real stuff, drop me a line. BTW, I completely agree with your statement. Every British gun case should have a can. For me, I just love the smell. I've never been to Africa. One whiff of Youngs and I'm there. Wink Cool Wink

Roger Kehr
Kehr Engraving Company
(360)456-0831

Posts: 1634 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
303 is still offered for sale, in the U.K a company called John Rotheray wholesale took over a large amount of Parker Hale inventory and I am certain I saw recently in a US magazine that there exists a John Rotheray US arm, do a web search for them adding US to the name and see what that trawls up.

Posts: 343 | Location: York / U.K | Registered: 14 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
O yes, the smell of the old 303 oil. It's better than anything from a perfume manufacturer. Smiler
I have a quarter of a tin which I just can not bring myself to use any more, to have none left would be like loosing an old friend. boohoo

Posts: 1374 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Can't remember Youngs, but way way back there was something here called Burrs threeO or somesuch, with an obvious .303 smell.

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scrollcutter:
I believe that Parker Hale took over the label. I bought some cans from Brownell's. Sadly, it's not the same as the original. I suspect it's like the original Hoppe's #9. Gone forever.

If you come across any extra of the real stuff, drop me a line. BTW, I completely agree with your statement. Every British gun case should have a can. For me, I just love the smell. I've never been to Africa. One whiff of Youngs and I'm there. Wink Cool Wink

Roger - I still have about a gallon of it in pint cans.

Next time you're on I-5 going south through Roseburg, let me know by private message and I'll arrange to meet you at the local gun club (it is right on the SW corner of the intersection of I-5 and the Winchester, Oregon exit). When we meet, I'll give you a pint. I'm never gonna use it ALL up and I KNOW I'd enjoy meeting anyone who fondly recalls the smell of Young's .303 Oil.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
Alberta,

Great news. I will definitely be in touch should I be in the area.

Thanks for the offer.

Roger Kehr
Kehr Engraving Company
(360)456-0831

Posts: 1634 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
damn!! i have a full tin of the stuff given to me by an uncle of mine (white/red with a small black cap) jus realised Big Grin

One shot..meat! Two shots...maybe...Three shots...heap shit! - Old Indian adage

Posts: 137 | Location: Pune, IN | Registered: 31 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

I KNOW I'd enjoy meeting anyone who fondly recalls the smell of Young's .303 Oil.[/QUOTE]

Alberta,
Are you planning a trip to New Zealand? If you are please bring some of the old Youngs with you. I'd love to take some off your hands. Wink

Posts: 1374 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldun:

I KNOW I'd enjoy meeting anyone who fondly recalls the smell of Young's .303 Oil.

Alberta,
Are you planning a trip to New Zealand? If you are please bring some of the old Youngs with you. I'd love to take some off your hands. Wink[/QUOTE]

Oldun -

Haven't been to NZ since I shot on the Palma Team there at Upper Hutt in '79. Loved the country, but they didn't love me. I was all set to buy an island in the lake at Rotorura, but the gov't wouldn't let me immigrate because I was a little over 40 years old...too old, they said.

Haven't been back in the more recent past 10 years because I don't like committing to fly that far over ocean with all the whacko terrorists in the world killing their own people, each other, and anyone else for some inane pig-poop of a reason which makes no sense to anyone except a bona-fide un-Godly lunatic .... whom Allah wouldn't have urinated upon, let alone blessed for the activity.

If I live long enough to ever get there again, I'll have a can of Young's with your name on it.

Best wishes,

AC

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Alberta,
Are you planning a trip to New Zealand? If you are please bring some of the old Youngs with you. I'd love to take some off your hands. Wink[/QUOTE]

Oldun - Another thought.....I'm sure if you can find a way to get me some Double Brown Bitter Beer, I can find a way to get you some Young's .303 oil [grin].................

One of Us
posted Hide Post
hijack
Alberta,
I don't know about the Bouble Brown but the older one gets the better New Zealand is. The over 40 restriction no longer applies, come on over it's still Godzone Country.