New
Find
Notify
Tools

plasticmen need not read
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
SDH has another great article on walnut and stock layout in the new sports afield. Much to learn in the reading

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Von Gruff
posted Hide Post
Love good walnut but dont see the Sports Afield in New Zealand. Any chance of posting the article.

Von Gruff.

Von Gruff.

http://www.vongruffknives.com/

Gen 12: 1-3

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Posts: 2693 | Location: South Otago New Zealand. | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Mine just came in today. thumb

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Haven't got mine yet but fully enjoed the May/June piece on English Walnut. Has anyone else seen an overall increase in the quality of Sports Afield?

ddj

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back - Robert Ruark

Posts: 966 | Location: Northwest Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My SA-mag finally came via pony express. For those that don't subscribe - you are missing out. I feel it is one of the better magazines on the market right now.

Posts: 1361 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Von Gruff if you cannot get the magazine you can access the article thru accessmylibrary.com
I know the May 2009 article is available at that site.

Posts: 133 | Location: Southeast | Registered: 18 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
I haven't had a subscription to any mag for years other than what the NRA sends out but there seems to be a growing and glowing affection for SA. I'll stop by the book store and see what all the talk is about. I would appreciate a magazine with more articles like those being mentioned.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just checked out the Access My Library site. It takes a simple and free registration to get full articles. They have the May 2009 issue of Sports Afield with SDH's article on English Walnut, but I don't think they have the current issue yet.

Posts: 99 | Location: Clovis, CA | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Slash thats the site. Do a search under "english walnut" and it will bring up the article.

Posts: 133 | Location: Southeast | Registered: 18 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Von Gruff
posted Hide Post
Thanks Robe. I have just registered on the library site and had a bit of a read. Will fill in many an evening. Thanks for the link.

Von Gruff.

Von Gruff.

http://www.vongruffknives.com/

Gen 12: 1-3

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Posts: 2693 | Location: South Otago New Zealand. | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote