New
Find
Notify
Tools

solder on sling swivel base
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have looked all over the net and can't seem to find an old style solder on front sling eyelet. I have a '95 Winchester repro and a set of Winchester Swivls that hook on the sling eyelets and i want to nount the front swivel to the barrel. I figure I can make one but I'd rather not.

Posts: 477 | Location: western arkansas | Registered: 11 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
you mean like this
Clamp on

Barrel band

Or for $60 I can make you one for any barrel diameter you want

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of wildcat junkie
posted Hide Post
Maybe he's looking for someting MORE LIKE THIS.

A band of the proper ID could have some of the band sectioned out of the top of the band to clear the front sight or the sight could be drifted out to allow the entire band to be slipped onto the barrel.

In addition to the "Talley" type,

there's the "Gentry" type W/a slightly radiused band section.

The Gentry barrel band swivel studs are also available in various sizes from Midway USA. http://www.midwayusa.com/Search/#gentry

GOOGLE HOTLINK FIX FOR BLOCKED PHOTOBUCKET IMAGES https://chrome.google.com/webs...inkfix=1516144253810

Posts: 2440 | Location: Northern New York, WAY NORTH | Registered: 04 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sarco (Stirling, NJ) used to sell the Winchester clone hook swivels and bases, also Buckingham's (Trenton, TN) will have an overpriced example that will pass for an original (grin).
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Get yourself one of the ones listed above and cut it and solder it on the barrel. You can sculpt the sides to make it look better; I did it to a 416 Rigby I did.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5506 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, I actually found exactly what i wanted in a junk box at a local gun shop today.

Posts: 477 | Location: western arkansas | Registered: 11 July 2010Reply With Quote