New
Find
Notify
Tools

LW Mauser Stock
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am looking to build a light 338-06 On a Mark X action, ADL style. Any suggestions for a finished stock under or around 1.5 #. McMillan apparently does not have this in their LW. Thanks in advance

Posts: 237 | Location: Montana | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bansners High Tech

This is what you're after. 20 oz, and they offer a MkX with a blind bottom. I've got one on order currently. People seem to really like them.

Jay Kolbe

Posts: 767 | Location: Seeley Lake Montana | Registered: 17 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Perfect.. Thanks Jay. I have actually finished one of these and they are much better than a Brown Precision. What's the lightest weight option for a butt pad?
Off my topic, but years ago I finished a Garret-Ultralight fiberglass stock on my Rem 700. I think they were in Colorado. Anyone know what happened to them? Best glass stock I've seen.

Posts: 237 | Location: Montana | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just got my Limbsaver grind to fit from Midway today and the thing weighs 5.5 oz. Less after grinding I suspect but it feels heavier than Pachmayers. With a 6.5# 300 winchester I want the Limbsaver though. I suspect that I'll need to add an aluminum pillar to the front on this one also.

Jay Kolbe

Posts: 767 | Location: Seeley Lake Montana | Registered: 17 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10at6:
Perfect.. Thanks Jay. I have actually finished one of these and they are much better than a Brown Precision. What's the lightest weight option for a butt pad?
Off my topic, but years ago I finished a Garret-Ultralight fiberglass stock on my Rem 700. I think they were in Colorado. Anyone know what happened to them? Best glass stock I've seen.

I've often wondered the same thing about Garrett? My favorite gun scribe, the late Gary
Sitton, liked them very much.

The MPI brand looks very much like the ole
Garrett line, and I've even asked the owner
if he did indeed purchase the molds from them.
He declined to answer? But Garrett offered all the same actions, many of which are not offered
by other companies. One can also get a schnable
tip like the Winchester featherweight too.

Most of these were unique to the Garret stocks too. Makes one wonder?

Posts: 1610 | Location: Shelby, Ohio | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote