Find
Notify
Tools

Reto Buehler 500 Jeffery
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted
There's a terrific article with photos about a Reto Buehler 500 Jeffery in the latest issue of the "Gunmaker" magazine published by the American Custom Gunmakers' Guild. The rifle is beautiful and he's included some great photos of the building process including his method for making extended tangs.

If you don't get the "Gunmaker", do yourself a favor and go to http://www.acgg.org/membership/ and sign up. The magazine alone is worth the price of membership.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of gunmaker
posted Hide Post
Looks like he's one of the younger guys in the guild. Great stuff.

gunmaker
------------------
James Anderson Metalsmith & Stockmaker
WEB SITE

More Pics on FLICKR

Posts: 1860 | Location: Western South Dakota | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chisana
posted Hide Post
I believe Reto was working closely with James Tucker at one point, maybe even working on the same shop. If so, there was some good work going on in that building!

NRA Life Member
GOA Life Member
Distinguished Rifleman
President's Hundred

Posts: 390 | Location: Juneau, Alaska | Registered: 11 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chisana:
I believe Reto was working closely with James Tucker at one point, maybe even working on the same shop. If so, there was some good work going on in that building!

I agree that James Tucker is a top notch gunmaker.
But.
The metal and wood on this rifle is solely by Reto Buehler. Excellant work.

one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gunmaker:
Looks like he's one of the younger guys in the guild. Great stuff.

Barely legal by guild standards. It really is good to see you talented adolescents carrying on the tradition.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Reto and James are still working out of the same shop. Both are outstanding craftsman and have great personalities. Reto is currently building me a pair of rifles and is amazingly easy to work with. They differ quite a bit from the typical request and he has bent over backwards to ensure every detail is done to my liking.
I highly encourage anyone looking for a gunmaker to check him out.

Josh

Posts: 49 | Location: Plymouth, MA | Registered: 14 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
Not to hijack the thread, but I noticed on his website that Buehler talks about using Belgium or Italian shotgun kits.

Anyone have any info on who is making these?

Roger Kehr
Kehr Engraving Company
(360)456-0831

Posts: 1633 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote