THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Do Colt and U.S Arms get thier parts from Uberti?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do Colt and U.S Arms get thier parts from Uberti?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Someone told me that the peacemakers made in the US are just getting fitting and finish in this country.
Any truth to this?

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know about Colt's custom shop, but I believe that is true of U.S. Arms (and every other SAA clone in North America). - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If the parts and the finished product are of high quality, who cares?

BTW, Uberti is part of Beretta Holdings, SpA.

Posts: 2206 | Location: USA | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Who cares. The US firearms guns are MUUUCCCHHH better than the Colts. Hell, for under $500 you can get a USFA Rodeo that is better than the SAA costing over double that.

JMHO,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes they really are nice revolvers. I've been in touch with their sales manager, trying to hook him up with CDN distributors, and hopefully these guns will be available in Canada soon. Very well put together and finished. Much nicer then third generation Colts, for sure. - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted Hide Post
As far as I know, U.S. is not using Uberti's parts. They make their own, and they are without a doubt the finest on the market. They leave no stone unturned when they put one of them together. Truely impressive considering the rest of the firearms industry's lack of quality control.

Posts: 1021 | Location: Prineville, OR 97754 | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote