posted
just looked at a mod 70 pre 64 in 375 h-h
left hand bolt right hand eject
any info on these

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a left handed rifle.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I never heard of a left hand pre 64 Winchester model 70. Do you mean a Classic model 70 with pre 64 features?

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1619 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Maybe converted to left hand. I have seen several Mausers done this way, still maintains the right hand ejection.

Posts: 1664 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 450/400
posted Hide Post
Boddington had/has one...

Posts: 675 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 26 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by highcountry2:
any info on these

Bob West swung the bolts over on quite a few. Tom Burgess did as well and I am sure others did also. I know West also did Rem 721s. I have seen Mausers moved over as well, but not sure of the 'smith, but I think Gradle did some with a gear arrangement.

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
any info on these

I've sold at least one of them, maybe two that I have had over the years. If you have a serial I can try to check to see if I know anything about it.

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
any info on these

In the 50s and 60s there were a couple of smiths who specialized in LH Model 70 conversions. I can't remember their names. They looked very unique and used a toothed gear to do the reverse camming. They seemed to work good. Craig Boddington did indeed have one of them and still does I think.

Posts: 188 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 14 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by model70man:
quote:
any info on these

In the 50s and 60s there were a couple of smiths who specialized in LH Model 70 conversions. I can't remember their names. They looked very unique and used a toothed gear to do the reverse camming. They seemed to work good. Craig Boddington did indeed have one of them and still does I think.

I just remembered...it was Roy Gradle from the late 40s and early 50s and his work looked outstanding in the pictures I saw. I never got to see on in person. I understand they worked perfectly. Thank you.

Posts: 188 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 14 March 2006Reply With Quote