New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jewell Trigger Warning
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
If you are at all sensitive to trigger weight don't ever install one of these and expect to be able to use your 'normal' weight triggers again....

You might swear not to adjust it down, trust me you will gradualy get it down to perfection. The next time you try to shoot your old pride and joy you'll think you forgot to cock it....

one of us
posted Hide Post
I understand just what your are saying.
Talking about triggers, I have a brand new Shilen competition trigger for the Rem 700. No safety. Pull weights of 2 to 6 oz.
I will sell it for $60 or best offer. PM me if anyone is interested.

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Jewells sure are nice triggers. Pretty addictive stuff.

Of late I had problems with one creeping, and had to have it sent back to Jewell. Some people claim the Jewell is not as nice as it used to be?? Be that as it may, when they work, they are close to perfection.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here, here! How he can make 3# feel like 3 oz. is beond me.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brice:
Here, here! How he can make 3# feel like 3 oz. is beond me.

It's the leverage thing. For instance, I can make one little ($75.00 plus shipping) modification to the Ruger number one trigger and without changing it's actual tripping weight of nearly fifty pounds, reduce the feel to one pound. Big Grin

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I sold the Shilen trigger. Thanks for the response guys.

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote