New
Find
Notify
Tools

g33/40 bases & rings
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Gents: some suggestions, please. Have a g33/40 7x57 and would like to add different bases & rings. Has custom Leupold style bases currently but they are heavier than I care for and really do not want the windage feature.

Any thoughts?

Posts: 151 | Location: MI | Registered: 01 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Warne made bases for the G.33/40. Coupled with Warne rings, they make a nice set-up. The trouble will be in finding a set.

If you can't find the Warnes, I'd have a gunsmith customize some Talley bases and then use Talley rings.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
You can also use Conetrols or old Redfields for a small ring Mauser.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
Warne currently lists the Premiers as #'s P898 for the front and P828 for the rear. These ARE NOT the same bases as the Maximas that fit Weaver stuff.

Brownells has them in stock under the following #'s
Front matte - 947-104-575
Rear matte - 947-104-146

But like Forrest mentioned, you will have a hard time finding Premier rings. I believe some are currently listed on Ebay. Do a search for Warne in Sporting goods.

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey, Bill...

I’m still trying to figure out how that guy got that telephone pole where it was!

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I HAVE A G.33/40 that needs bases and rings. if you get something new for yours let me know and I might be interested in buying what you have if the price is right.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Anything listed for the small ring (model 93, 95 etc should fit). I would suspect you can add about any kind you want.

Posts: 1237 | Location: Lexington, Kentucky, USA | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try getting ahold of Dave Gentry here in Bozeman (406-388-guns), he might just have something he's made for such a purpose.

I live just down the street from his shop and he is a super sharp smith and a good fella.

Man is it ever good to see there are some other G33 users out there.

I absolutely love mine!

MD

Posts: 1089 | Location: Bozeman, Mt | Registered: 05 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick 0311:
Hey, Bill...

I’m still trying to figure out how that guy got that telephone pole where it was!

I havent figured that one out either.

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
22WRF: will send you a pic & info when I change it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Mark:

I tried Gentry first. Bev said their bases wouldn't work on this rifle. I didn't ask her why. The rifle had been through their shop with a previous owner.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ForrestB:
If you can't find the Warnes, I'd have a gunsmith customize some Talley bases and then use Talley rings.

I'm with Forrest. Try Mark Stratton.

"There are only three kinds of people; those who can count, and those who can't."

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tomK -oph well it was worth a try,I'd be for looking at Conetrol if they make them. I believe someone here said they do.

I just use plain old Leo's on mine.

MD

Posts: 1089 | Location: Bozeman, Mt | Registered: 05 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've used Buehler 2pc. bases and low rings for my small ring mausers. Look nice and work well. Still made by Bob Ray in Calif. as of last year.
Bob

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for input.

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Tomk, I've got an extra pair of Warne rings if you a want a pair. They're 1" med. I'll take $50 shipped if you want them.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Terry, I appreciate the offer. I was going to try Gentry one more time and if nogo, then figured to go the custom route with Talleys.