Find
Notify
Tools

CZ550 rear tang ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted
Has anyone changed the angle of the rear tang on a CZ550 by filing it down? I have a 9.3x62 to restock and would like to get a higher, longer, more open grip than the present lines allow. Any known problems with doing this (moderately?) Thanks!

Good hunting,

Andy

-----------------------------
Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have modified the tang on a one 550 CZ, I took a little bit off and shaped. It was soft and easy to shape. Much easier than a VZ 24, VZ's are kinda hard.

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
Hey Billy,

Do you happen to have a pic you could post of the 550 you modified?

I thought Jeffe said he was the handsome one! Big Grin

Good hunting,

Andy

Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
anyone else?

Good hunting,

Andy