New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Price to have a blank duplicated?
 Login/Join

Picture of jeffeosso
posted
I contacted Les. He's sending a CD full of gunsmithing tips, tricks and jigs.... Nice fella

jeffe

Posts: 39660 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am new to this forum, but have many years in the trade and now I am retired. Jeff you should have received the CD by now. Let me hear what you think!! Some of you may know that I taught stockmaking at Trinidad for a couple of years after I retired. The CD is a collection of several items over the past 45 years. I left Trinidad 10 years ago. I supervised students in building a stock duplicator for the Gunsmith dept. at TSJC.

Posts: 965 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 May 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Les,
The cd is in my PC, this second. Thanks alot, and welcome to the AR Forums.

Guys, Les is a wealth of info...
jeffe

one of us
posted Hide Post
Les any chance of getting a CD copy. I am entertaining a project that it may be a lifesaver on. Thanks. Jordan do you have info on Mr Vest? Contact and ballpark fees? Thanks. Jeffe looks like we are on the same project. Good luck and keep us all posted on your project and any pitfalls that we might steer clear of. "D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
D,
mine will be a couple months down the road... Looking like a late summer project... Les's machine is pretty durn neat, and, since I wont be too worried about storage, the base is going to be built like a brick.... house...

jeffe

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeff,
If you are thinking of a heavy machine, then the model that we built for the school would be the best model. It has bearings in the spindle heads. Some people thought that the simple design of my machine was just not made with enough accuracy. Remember that I always cut about .025 thou over on the outside and .025 undersize inside the inletting. I finish the inletting by hand and try not to have gaps. D, I can send you a copy. Just send private email and I will give more details.

Posts: 965 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 May 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Les,
I "only" due 3 to 6 stocks a year... mostly for myself... and its gotten to be that i am liking better and better wood (g, thanks CHIC and PETE) so I WONT afford the price of having a better semiinlett/done by someoneelse, etc...

I think I can put it together for about the price of a really good stock, (your suggested price) and then be able to make MORE

thanks again
jeffe