New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger Magnum grip cap loosened?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does any one know how to tighten them up without screwing it up, I assume it has a screw in it but can't see how to get to it?

Posts: 913 | Location: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: 15 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If the grip cap has the little plastic Ruger medallion in it, you have to pry it out to expose the screw. You should order a new insert first, as the old one will not be reusable.

Posts: 2036 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kurt. It has a brass medallion on this one and looks as though it will be ruined as well getting it out. Thanks again.

Posts: 913 | Location: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: 15 June 2002Reply With Quote
<GeorgeInNePa>
posted
Brent,
From what my local gunsmith told me, the brass medallions aren't available from Ruger. I had my Ruger .416 bead blasted and blued and the grip cap is the only thing that is still shiney. I didn't want to replace it with the red one.

I might buy a Dakota grip cap from Brownell's and have my initials engraved on it and replace the Ruger cap.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks George...

Not a big deal right now but it just started moving a little, side to side and I wanted to tighten it before it got outa hand sometime when I was hunting or something.

I'll call Ruger, they'll probably want it sent to them. [Roll Eyes]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Brownells has the brass one listed in their catalog. It is in the parts listings at the end of the catalog.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike. [Smile]