Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

shooter's oasis accurizing
 Login/Join

posted
I was wondering if anyone here has personally used shooter's oasis (shootersoasis.com) or knows someone who has used them to have a rifle accurized and,if so, what do you think about the work they did? They seem to offer a bit more than Hill Country Rifles does for accurizing but at a lower cost. Thanks

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Something bothers me about them. Here's a quote:

Above is a close-up of our Multi-port Muzzle Break (Patent Pending). This brake is threaded on and the internal chamber is unique among muzzle brakes. We shot a 50 BMG with this break on and no hearing protection was needed as we stood a mere 10 yards behind the rifle.

Besides the fact that they use "Break" and Brake" interchangeably (real professional). The fact that they advertise standing 30 feet from a 50 BMG (braked or not) and saying that hearing protection was not necessary shows a casual disregard for safety that I don't like.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12608 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Talk about attention to detail. That was a good catch Fjold. It does show a certain amount of unprofessionalism. That's not to say that their work is substandard but it makes you wonder. On that note do you have anyone that you would recommend?

I am still interested to hear from anyone that knows about their work.