New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gunsmith Inquiry
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I think i may have asked this before, But i am looking for a really good gunsmith to set back and rechamber a few barrels for me along with action trueing. I know there are a lot of guys who can do this, But i need to know who you would recommend, Your first choice, A real craftsman who knows how a Improved or standard chamber should be. How about pricing? I'd like to have a go-to gunsmith that i can count on to do it right the first time. Thanks in advance for your feedback, Swede96.

Posts: 87 | Location: Woodbury, Ct. 06798 | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Swede,

Did you ever get a response to your question?

Email sent.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got a great one down here in delaware. let me know?

Posts: 1496 | Location: behind the crosshairs | Registered: 01 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am also looking for a "good one"...Might be retiring to Delaware

Posts: 134 | Location: Eastern,USA | Registered: 03 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
I use Mark Penrod,. He's out of Indiana. Allen Day turned me on to him. He's very good, resonably priced, and quick!

312 East College Avenue
North Manchester, IN 46962
(260) 982-8385

If you contact him, tell him Steve Holder says hello.

Take Care,

-Steve

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
oldguns,...you have no e-mail available. Give me a shout. Mine builds my Benchrest rifles and is a gem with ruger 77's, #1's, win mod 70's, sako's, and the rem 700 (my personal favorite) He is a retired mechanical engineer (retired quite early I might add) from Dupont (when they owned remington) and has several patents on his upgrades to various rifles. Mike is meticulous,..and his prices are right in line.

Posts: 1496 | Location: behind the crosshairs | Registered: 01 August 2002Reply With Quote