Tools

Re: craigster (3864) is ScottS
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of GrandView
posted
Quote:

posted by Mauser....
TROLL EXPOSED!!! TROLL EXPOSED!!! TROLL EXPOSED!!!

craigster (3864) is ScottS

Not sure how you know this, nor why it was necessary to post this in 9 different threads.

However.....congratulations, you've earned an "ignore".

GV

Posts: 768 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 18 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Anyone used Pro Custom Oil made by Chem-Pak. Tung stock oil.

Any good? Whats so great about it?

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of GrandView
posted Hide Post
Anyone used Pro Custom Oil made by Chem-Pak. Tung stock oil.

I've used it with good results. It's a Tung Oil - Urethane mix. There are commercially available Tung Oil - Urethane products that work as well. And are cheaper....

GV

Posts: 768 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 18 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I figured it wasnt anything special, and short shelve life too.
Ive been useing Deft Danish oil tung oil, Had some formsbys and it set up in the can in a couple monthes , Maybe the deft doesnt have as high percentage of urathane resins as formsbys
Cant find Deft oil anymore so I think Ill Try Watco

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've used it on three or four stocks and have been very happy with the results. One tip, keep container closed tight, this stuff seems to have a shorter shelf life than some of the other finishes I have used.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is very good stock finish...Most stock finishes are good, its mostly in the application these days...Some folks can use one finish better than another, so find one that fits your style....

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Formby's Tung Oil is a tung oil and alkyd resin blend 34% solids according to the limited information I was able to gather in my research. It's not really rated for heavy use/handling. It does look good on grandma's shelves however...

Pro Custom Oil dries hard enough to be rubbed out yet is still tough enough to resist scratches and doesn't crack. Put it on too thick though, and it looks plastic. I like the method of soaking the stock in a well diluted solution of the oil and then sanding it all off when it's completely dry and then "rub" on several thin coats with a lint free dauber until it's nearly dry...

As the man said, it's all in the manner you apply the stuff.

Posts: 360 | Location: PA | Registered: 29 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
TROLL EXPOSED!!! TROLL EXPOSED!!! TROLL EXPOSED!!!

craigster (3864) is ScottS

Quote:

I've used it on three or four stocks and have been very happy with the results. One tip, keep container closed tight, this stuff seems to have a shorter shelf life than some of the other finishes I have used.

Posts: 204 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
How do you know? Just wondering I knew ScottS and Judy were the same by his/her own admission.

Terry

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote