New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heym actions
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've been offered a Heym SR-20 G in .375 H&H at a reasonable price, and according to the photos, it appears to be in very good condition.

Unfortunately, it's a long ways away, and I can't examine it without considerable effort. Does anyone have experience with these actions? I haven't handled one in many years, and other than recalling them to be nice and smooth, I don't recall the mechanical specifics. Frank DeHaas seems to have overlooked this one in his book, and a diligent internet search hasn't turned up anything in English...any comments would be appreciated.

Posts: 5891 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 14 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not sure this is of any help?? Heym English Website
- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Stryker225
posted Hide Post
humm... Do they sell the actions seperately? There is no price quotes on that site. [Confused]

Posts: 1282 | Location: here | Registered: 26 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As I recall....

Heym was once under contract to build the Mauser 3000. At the end of the contract, they continued to build the rifle under their own name, calling them the SR20. N suffix for normal cartridges, G suffix for Grosse or magnum cases. Many feel that Heym made them to higher standards when they started putting their own name on the receiver.

The SR20 and current 21 are essentially the same, except that the new 21 uses a 3-position bolt safety and the older 20 used a Sako style trigger safety. Stock styles are bit different as well.

The rifles are high quality push-feeds meant to compete with the Sako, Steyr, Sauer market.

Posts: 2036 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If its like the Hyem express from the late 80's. Its very good,heavy about 4lbs and would take 5+1 rounds of Rigby. Back then you could buy the action for around $4000.00 [Eek!] but it was worth it IMHO.