Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Tha'ts pretty damn neat! You make that?

One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Way cool! Are you making them? I use the QR mounts on all my rifles and that would be useful on some of the big bores.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Very nicely done.

Posts: 6490 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
To quote Guy Lautard, a "Strokagenius"!
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
I like it, only it looks like it will block a lot of the shooters view

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4205 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
very nice, makes the ones I have with the redfield peep bolted on look like something i got out of a crackerjack box

But are you going to let us in on who made it?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd be on these like stink on fecal material if I could find a source and a base that would allow for a peep on the M70 L/A (.330 and .860 hole spacing).

Posts: 486 | Location: Moving | Registered: 23 September 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
2barrels said:
"I'd be on these like stink on fecal material if I could find a source and a base that would allow for a peep on the M70 L/A (.330 and .860 hole spacing)."

Speaking of s#!@ happening:

Too bad I hate those potmetal cast levers on the QR, I have broken them with my bare fingers.
The rare material defect?

But that metal-on-metal camming is a poor design unlesss you plan to leave it alone, like a fixed mount.
Give me a QRW anyday, and I will make do ...

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
The thing is they are available. You just need to write a big enough check.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would be interested with what kind of front sight you combine those peep sights.

The peep hole height of the item above must be round about one inch above the centerline of the bore.

A front sight nearly equalling that amount is mighty high (ugly).

Posts: 230 | Location: Germany | Registered: 02 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heavenknows:
I would be interested with what kind of front sight you combine those peep sights.

The peep hole height of the item above must be round about one inch above the centerline of the bore.

A front sight nearly equalling that amount is mighty high (ugly).

Most of the NECG banded front sights finish out to about 1" above bore centerline. That is what is used on many/most custom rifles these days. I think 1" is no big deal....

Having said that, I believe the peep pictured above is well over 1" above bore centerline. More like 1.2" or 1.3" above bore centerline.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most Griffin & Howe Springfield 1903 sporters are fitted with front bead heights of around 1 1/8" or more, slightly taller than most modern front sights. My peep-equipped Leupold QR on my pre-64 M70 required a taller front bead insert but IMO the added height wasn't particularly unsightly.
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote