New
Find
Notify
Tools

M700 Rivetless Extractor
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I need a M700 rivetless extractor in standard (.308) size and have searched high and low to no avail. Would appreciate any leads on a source.

Yes, I install Sako & M16 extractors in M700s, but that's not what the customer wants.

Many thanks,

Roger

Posts: 477 | Location: Fayetteville, GA | Registered: 12 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is this what you're looking for?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/22477...9:g:7O4AAOSwyxphzyuK

There's several on E-bay

Posts: 356 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 16 April 2019Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You need salvage in vg condition or new?

Posts: 3788 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help! I decided to buy a new extractor from Ebay. Hopefully, I'll have better luck installing it than removing the old one. I am an expert in breaking these cursed things.

Posts: 477 | Location: Fayetteville, GA | Registered: 12 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"I am an expert in breaking these cursed things."

So am I brother. I broke three in one year on a left hand 308. Had an M16 extractor installed before I sold it.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2173 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The biggest reasons 700's break extractors are: rough factory chamber, customer let chamber rust, and overloaded handloads. If you are having to beat the bolt out something is wrong.

quote:
Originally posted by Vol717:
"I am an expert in breaking these cursed things."

So am I brother. I broke three in one year on a left hand 308. Had an M16 extractor installed before I sold it.

Posts: 3788 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote