New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom Ruger #1
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Are #1 actions availible from ruger? Are there any smiths specializing in custom #1s. I would love one in 6.5, just cant decide between 260, 6.5x55, or 6.5-06.

Posts: 44 | Location: Maine | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
John Lewis, Carolina Precision Rifles, is a No. 1 experienced gun builder and he shoots No. 1 rifles in a variety of chamberings, wildcats included. CPRifles@aol.com

John sometimes posts here on Accurate Reloading.

One of his No. 1's is chambered for a 25 cal. on the 300 Win Mag case. Can you say "high velocity"?

Posts: 1055 | Location: Real Sasquatch Country!!! I Seen 'Em! | Registered: 16 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JerryW, you can buy barreled actions from Ruger, but I have never seen just the actions.

Mark Stratton also posts here on occasion and he does a lot of work on #1's. His specialty is octagon barrels and I have seen some gems of his on number 1's with Mark's custom stock work. One of his is on the cover of the Snclair International yearly gun calendar.

[ 05-08-2003, 06:30: Message edited by: Customstox ]

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Brownells sells the #1 Barreled actions

Posts: 355 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 09 November 2001Reply With Quote