New
Find
Notify
Tools

Checkering Mullered Borders - How I do it Video
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just wrapped up this video on mullered borders. It's how I do them, but I'm sure there's other methods. It took me awhile to figure it out so I hope this video helps save someone some time. You'll notice the stock pictured is a little different than our typical design. It was built to the customer's very specific specs. That said, in the end I was very happy with how it came out.
https://youtu.be/xsWYDS3SbJw

Posts: 595 | Location: Weathersfield, VT | Registered: 22 January 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great video. That is a skill that is tough to master.

I really like the drop blind mag on that stock.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks! The drop blind mag was part of the customer's wish list to have a very light weight rifle in a .416 wildcat that had 5 1/2 rounds down +1 capacity. Hence the lightening cuts in the barrel channel as well as the buttstock. Like I said, not my standard design, but he and I were both happy with the outcome.

Posts: 595 | Location: Weathersfield, VT | Registered: 22 January 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think it is very generous and kind of you to provide people with all of the videos you have produced to show them how your guns are made.
Really nice website too.

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done, thanks for the vid. I've never done mullered borders because by the time I've finished the pattern I'm so over it I just finish it up.

Posts: 640 | Location: Australia | Registered: 01 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.
Metal: I can completely relate. I'm a fairly slow checkerer, so after several days into a project I'm certainly ready to be done.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice - I'm a big fan of mullered borders!

Posts: 228 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 April 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They are almost must on my rifles, most of which are on the European/British style stocks I build that are mostly point patterns.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote