New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun List
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Is the gun list a classifieds newspaper? Is it generally available at news stands or by subscription only? Pictures?

I'll be in the US in a few weeks and was thinking about picking up an issue to take a look at, if it's what I think it is.

Thanks,
Stu

Posts: 1210 | Location: Zurich | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of covey16
posted Hide Post
StuC
You can generally find it at Barnes and Nobles. I'm sure its available at other large bookstores with a magazine section.
You can also subscribe.
Happy Holidays
Covey16

Posts: 4197 | Location: Sabine County,Texas | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I subscribed to Gunlist for years. The mag kept getting smaller with more advertising. The price kept going up.I really liked the mag and missed getting it the first few months. I now frequent forums like this one and visit the classifieds.
After letting my subscription lapse they called be with a better offer but too late as I no longer miss it. I believe any classified only magazine will be replaced by the internet

Posts: 906 | Location: NW OH | Registered: 19 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I consider the Gunlist a great way to locate, buy and sell guns and to keep up on used and new values..I have subscribed to it for years and I have seen little change, lots of personal adds and some commercial adds too, but that does not bother me....The Shotgun News is the magazine that went milsurp and commercial...

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gunlist subscription service is available on-line at www.gunlist.net !

When you hit enter, it will switch you to www.collect.com.xxx.xxx!

Not that long ago, we were able to look through the paper on-line "free" at www.gunlist.com!

I think that the paper coming out every two weeks was more than a guy could keep up with! I've called subscription service and asked if I could subscribe for a copy once a month, and the answer was NO!

Hope this helps a little!

Posts: 454 | Location: Russell (way upstate), NY - USA | Registered: 11 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stu,
It is a large format stapled newspaper/magazine that categorizes rifles, shotguns and pistols and militaria for sale. I have subscribed for a long time. The one thing I did find out in a hurry is that the really good deals go before the paper hits your mail box. There are several ways to get it. If you go the air mail route, it arrives about 10 days early and those are the guys who really get the good buys. The problem is the air mail subscription is over $100 a year. I would imagine it is a good place to buy things. There are no pictures, it is newpaper type of paper.

I will try to remember to bring one to Reno in case you can't find one on your way.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
Gun List is a permanent publication in this house...I love it.

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. That's exactly what I wanted to know.

And Chic, if you did happen to have a copy with you in Reno that would be great. (Hey, must be time to start a "Who's going to the Reno ACGG show?" thread).

I'm away for Christmas and will be off-line for a week.

Cheers to all,
Stu

Posts: 1210 | Location: Zurich | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With Quote