Find
Notify
Tools

Sauer 202 barrel: where to buy???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gentlemen:

I need a barrel for a Sauer 202, synthetic-lightweight (this is the fluted sporter barrel) in caliber .270 Win.

Sig arms tells me they are no longer selling or servicing those guns in the states. E-mailed Sig in eruope with no response.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jordan

Posts: 3478 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jordan, I hate to hear that as I have a bunch of 202's and would like some more barrels for them. I would probably e-mail Sauer and son's, not Sig in Europe and see if you get any response. Hopefully some of our european members will chime in with a source, I'll be watching!

Good Luck--Don

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
A related "dumb" question....will barrels for the Model 200 fit the Model 202 (which apparently replaced it)?

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have an as-new fluted barrel in .270 for the 202. I would trade for a similar barrel in 6.5x55 if the .270 bolt face is compatible with the 6.5 case head. Plateau Hunter

Posts: 171 | Location: Cannon Co., TN | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey guys,

The Sauer site is in both German & English and there's a ton of info. The 202 is the current Flagship and most all variants at the moment appear to be based on it.

Sauer, like the rest of their ilk, Blaser, Swiss Arms, etc are all based on the "Modular System" according to their hype and barrels available in many, many configurations. Unlike some of the others - Sauer ONLY within caliber groups, so barrel interchangeability is supposed to be only changable within their repsective .473" (Standard) and .532" (Magnum) bolt head sizes.

Yeah, we can get barrels here but getting them around the world is another Kettle of Fish altogether. For those who are more determined than others I've included the Frankonia International website below; so you could possibly attempt to see what they may offer. I understand from reading postings by others on AR that some have had good International expereinces and others seemingly none.

http://www.sig-sauer.de/

https://export.frankonia.de//scripts/home/home.php

Jordan, Today's modern Global economy appears to have spawned agreements that apparently don't support each other on different Continents - yeah, I know, a pain in the butt. I wouldn't count on a reply from the Fatherland to Califonia, sorry but like Don says; I'd try Sauer USA, not Sig.

Don, I'm trying with the Frankonia source but getting serial numbered bits & pieces around the world can be difficult today.

Canada Al, couldn't say about the interchangeability of the 200 & 202 barrels - sorry, just dont know but keep spending your money wisely!

Platuea Jager, the 6.5x55 has a .480" bolt head vs. a "Standard" (.473") bolt head group, but for the Blaser's at least is included in their Standard group so I would imagine that may also be the case with Sauer, a a swap COULD be possible but I would check first.

Good Luck with your Sauer's Guys!

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
Hi Jordan,

give Aleko at Heritage Arms www.heritagearms.net a try ...

If not, have a look at German gun selling portal: www.egun.de and try to find a gunsmith, selling, ask him if he will export the barrel and third option if the others don´t work: I have good contact with a gunsmith here in Germany Icould ask him, so please get in contact with me...

By the way: A nice thing for the Sauer 202:
http://www.titanium-gunworks.de/pdf/led_engl.pdf

Klaus

life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
www.titanium-gunworks.de

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fis, Jerry, Scuba:

Thanks very much for the assistance. This board is such a valuable resource. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Best,

Jordan

Posts: 3478 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alberta Canuck:
A related "dumb" question....will barrels for the Model 200 fit the Model 202 (which apparently replaced it)?

200 and 202 barrels do interchange within the same caliber group. The problem is that 30-06 based cases require a different bolt than 308 based cases. The 308s have a 6-lug bolt and the 30-06s use a 9-lug, even though they share the same action. Since the bolt locks up in the barrel, you can't ream a 308 to 30-06 or vice-versa. So there are three caliber groups; short standard, standard and magnum. I believe the magnum bolt takes both long and short magnums but I am not positive.

Last, the magnums use a larger action and bolt which will not work with any other caliber group.

I don't know why they did that unless it was to sell more parts. I like the new Mauser that has interchangeable barrles and bolt heads like Savage. Much cleaner deal but a lot more money.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 404WJJeffery
posted Hide Post
I have a 9.3x62 fluted barrel, sights, with a magazine for sale - $1,000

I have not listed it anywhere yet, but if you are interested, PM me.

"Are you gonna pull them pistols,...or whistle Dixie??"

Josie Wales 1866

Posts: 1489 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote