Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Sauer 938 gunsmith
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted
The triger on this cute little pistol is awful. I need to have a fellow on each side to hold the pistol steady, while I use a pry bar to make it go off.
If this pistol was new I would not have accepted it. Along with the pistol came a belt holster, Sig's holster and a Kramer pocket holster, three mags and fitted with Crimson Trace. All for less then 700 bucks.
According to my read of the Sig web site Sig does not do custom work on the 938.
Do any of you know of a smith who works on this model? Or know where to find the instructions to tune this little beauty?
Thanks in advance.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Most of the new 938'and 238's I sell arrive bone dry of lubricant with 8 lb pulls. Try lubing the sear and trigger with a Teflon oil. Failing that, I would not hesitate to call Sig and complain about the heavy pull. They will likely correct it w/o charge based on my experience.

Posts: 3780 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
Bob;
Thanks, I'll give them a yell later today.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
Anyone familiar with the Colt Mustang series pistols knows all they need to know about that Sig. It's a defensive pocket gun, not a target gun, and a light trigger is something you don't want on it. If you ever have to use it for the purpose it was designed you'll never care what the trigger pull is. The only way you should practice with it is to quickly draw it from its holster and empty it into a chest-sized target no more than 10 feet away, then put another mag in as fast as you can. In an emergency you will react as you train, and the fastest gun almost always wins.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2944 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
Thank you both for your advice.

Bob, you were absolutely correct about the action being dry. I've loaded the action with graphite and work the action. I've dropped the trigger pull from 12-13 pounds down to 8-9, after several evenings of functioning
I clean the lube and graphite out after a couple days of functioning, add new lube and graphite, and return to cocking the hammer and pulling the trigger.
Never thought I'd get a sour spot on my thumb cocking a hammer and wear a blister on my trigger finger.

Jim

One of Us
posted Hide Post
google the 938 trigger and you come up with a guy making stainless triggers for them on the 1911 forum. they were about 40 apiece and claims to take them down to a reasonable level

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote