Find
Notify
Tools

Trigger Assembly Question?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wookie316
posted
Here are 2 Sako trigger assembly's. Notice the difference on the front where the screw tightens the assembly. I have found the 1 on the left (style wise) to generally be able to be set to a lower pull safely than the one on the right. I have one on a 375 H&H @ 2 1/2lbs & 1 on a 223 @ 2lbs, bot are safe. I find the one on the right (style wise) has trouble going below 3lbs safe. 2 3/4lbs is about the best I've done with that style. What are others finding? Any input would be great! Smiler

Posts: 138 | Location: Border City (On the poor side)}:-( | Registered: 16 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That brass screw on the one to the right is not standard and would lead me to believe someone has messed with the trigger. Normally those older Sako triggers were very good.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Kobe:
That brass screw on the one to the right is not standard and would lead me to believe someone has messed with the trigger. Normally those older Sako triggers were very good.

Those screws don't look like brass. They look like old screws. As far as the right trigger goes, based on the photo, that you will probably get better results after it has been completely stripped and cleaned.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote