Find
Notify
Tools

Quality Check: Ugartechea AOC/SG 16
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of alvinmack
posted
I have always wanted to own a fine side by side shotgun and have the opportunity to pick up the above mentioned firearm in 16 gauge. Can anyone give me there input on this negative or positive. Also can these handle steel shot?

Posts: 448 | Location: Lino Lakes, MN | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would not be comfortable shooting steel shot through it.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those folks made some really nice guns and some klunkers, depends on age. I hate steel; bismuth or tungsten polymer would probably work great.
C.G.B.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have owned both the model 30 and a model 221. I found them to be a well balanced good quality shotgun for the money. I never fired steel shot in them.

Jeff

Posts: 603 | Location: Louisiana USA | Registered: 24 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep Ugartechea, Nice light barreled field shotgun

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The ones I have seen are all very very nice guns, among the nicest of the "production" spanish boxlocks. These guns are designed to shoot light field loads, they are great carry guns for upland birds. You should call the guy in Colorado who imports them ( google Jon Hollinger, Aspen Outfitting, Aspen Co) and ask if the warrenty is valid wtih steel. I suspect it is not.

Posts: 254 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 20 January 2005Reply With Quote