New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pre-war 70 stock too short!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well I replaced the flattened (not sure how)recoil pad with one of the Limbsavers. LOP is still about 1/2" to 3/4" too short. I really don't want to add spacers to it, I just hate that look. What I was thinking is a leather lace on pad. Do any of you know of one that is any good?

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Mike, I sure thought you would getsome responses to your question. I have no idea where to get a Lace-On Pad. And it seems you want to hang onto that piece of Termite Food rather than go with a nice warm, home-grown, made-in-the-USA, Synthetic.

So, as an alternative approach, since you "only need" 1/2" more LOP, have you considered wearing a PAST Reciol Shield under or over a heavy shirt. By the time you get it on with a coat, you might be close to where you want to be.

And, you will have the PAST Recoil Shield to use with the real Stompers when sighting them in.

[ 10-16-2003, 02:58: Message edited by: Hot Core ]

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
sorry to say it..get a thick pad, like a pachmayr f990, which is 1.5" thick...

while i've seen good work done, when i install spacers, they look like crap, to me...

or, send the stock off to a duplicator, have the pattern created 1 inch longer... and nice wood... save the old stock for later

jeffe

Posts: 39594 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys,

I also ran it up in the African forum and got a couple of suggestions, Cabelas, believe it or not.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
The best looking spacer I've seen(and it wasn't wonderful) was a tenite plate(available from Brownells). It blended with the black recoil pad and it's backer. Looked OK? Velcro and elastic retained pads are available from Galzans and Brownells, and others I'm sure..

Posts: 49 | Location: central Missouri | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With Quote