New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kimber rifles
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm interested in the Kimber rifles, but each of the 5 Kimber centerfire rifles I've seen has had an extremely rough bolt throw. As the bolt cycles through the action, they have rough patches, and after the bolt had been moved entirely to the rear, if you don't jiggle the handle, it will often bind. The salesman at my local gunshop said that all of the Kimbers he has seen (25-30 in his estimation) have been like this. Anyone familiar with this sympton? Anyone have experience solving this problem? Thanks

Posts: 235 | Location: San Antonio, TX USA | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
S. Texas,
The bolt throw has been greatly improved in the past few months. The bolt to receiver fit was too tight. The bolt can be polished on earlier rifles. This will also help with the bolt binding.
Headache

Posts: 158 | Location: Danbury, CT 06810 USA | Registered: 25 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is inventory out there that's like that it seems. The way to buy one is to look up the "master dealers" at kimberamerica.com and go there and try them. I have one that's good and another that's as good or better than a slicked pre war 70.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote